Sunday, May 22, 2011

Americana Penny Rug



'Just finished up this wool penny rug and listed it on Ebay this weekend. It seems like Americana colors always look great with primitives. Instead of the traditional red, white and blues like those found in the American flag, I tweaked the colors a bit. I hand dyed some of the wools to get just the right shade of dark red. I didn't make note of the dye recipe so not sure I could repeat it, but that is what makes each piece unique!

I hope you, your family and friends enjoy a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
Terri

3 comments:

basketsnprims said...

Hi, I had to stop by and say Hi and tell you how beautiful your work is. I just won the bid on ebay for your rug and I'm so excited to receive it. Thanks so much and have a wonderful week. I love your flags too!
pam

Hillcresthome Prims said...

I just found your blog and joined it. I love your work.You do such beautiful work!!!!
I hope you stop by my blog , I always love new follwers!
Have a blessed week!

May Blessings,
Tricia

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, there! I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

PS: I am also currently holding a blog party called Market Your Biz and Giveaways where you can link up your etsy, online boutique or giveaways. You're more than welcome to come and get your business and giveaways promoted.